Yesterday I was in the classroom at the local middle school I have been volunteering in. It was great to be back in the classroom and interacting with the students and the teachers.
I noticed that the teacher, instead of using a typical overhead projector, was using a projector that scans the document through the computer and projects it onto the screen. I have not been in the classroom for a while and so this piece of technology was impressive to me.
In response to assessing students, I think that portfolios and rubrics are an excellent way to assess students. Rubrics provide students with a framework for what they should be completing. It gives them guidelines on how to do well and what a teacher will be assessing their work on. Portfolios allow students with all strengths to assemble their best work and put a variety of assignments together in order to do well. Making the portfolio an e-portfolio will allow students to showcase their use of technology and we can therefore assess their 21st century skills even further.
No comments:
Post a Comment