Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Change can be Difficult


Change can be a scary and difficult thing. Especially when you have completed a task a certain way for so long. I think technology in education is something that causes a lot of stress for teachers, and maybe students. Using something, like dropbox, or Google Docs, or MindMeister, if you have never used them can be a frightening process.

You ask yourself questions like:
What happens if the information gets lost?
What happens if I cannot access the Internet?
What if it does not present the way that I want it to?

And while all of these questions are valid, it really comes down to taking a risk and knowing that in the end, you will be a better teacher and student as a result. 

3 comments:

  1. I think continuing to challenge yourself and asking those very questions are key factors...and being willing to do what must be done, even it means taking risks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree that change can be difficult but as educators if you know that this is the best way to reach students then it is worth the risk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! With risk comes reward, but it's that first leap that is always the scariest. Discovery and learning is not a gentle process, but I think we as learners and educators learn to embrace and long for those "a-ha" moments.

    ReplyDelete